Cooking time: 35 minutes
Crepe mix for 6-8
- 2 large eggs
- 2 rounded tablespoon plain flour
- 3-4 tablespoons full-fat milk
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- 1 tblspn Flora buttery – melted
- 1 tblspn Flora buttery
- 350 gm baking apples—peeled and sliced
- Pinch cinnamon
- 70 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 x 250 ml Crème fraiche
- Mix the egg with the flour to a paste.
- Add the milk very slowly. Use just enough so that the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and sugar and the melted flora. Combine thoroughly.
- Fry them in heavy based pan until golden on each side, roughly 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately or leave them to cool, each one separated from the other by greaseproof paper.
- Melt the flora in a hot pan adding the cinnamon and sugar and allow to infuse or about a minute before adding the apples.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes just so as they start to break down. Remove from the heat.
- Lay the crepes out altogether and divide the apple mixture evenly between them.
- Now divide the crème fraiche also evenly on top of this.
- Fold the right and left hand sides of each crepe to square off the edges then roll up from the open end near to you to the top.
- Lay side by side in a dish and sprinkle with caster sugar and glaze under the grill.
A Tip From Jean-Christophe
A Tip From
By melting the flora and adding to the mixture, you save time as you don’t then need to add flora to the pan every time you make a pancake. This works equally well with pears, banana, strawberries, raisins etc. The crème fraiche can be substituted with custard or thick yoghurt.